01 September 2009

THANKSGIVING PRAYER ON MY 25TH BIRTH ANNIVERSARY

O God, you are my God, whom I seek
For you my flesh pines
And my soul thirsts
Like the earth, parched, lifeless
And without water.

Thus, I will bless you while I live
Lifting up my hands in praise
For you have quenched my thirst
And filled up my hungry heart.

You have blessed me with gifts
And wrapped me in a mantle of your love
Keeping me safe and protected
You have guarded me over all my enemies
And kept me from evil doings.

O Lord Jesus in the emptiness of my being
You’ve made me so rich
For you’re in my heart
My greatest treasure.
happybdaytulips.gif BIRTHDAY image by SENORALOCA

Thank you for the celebration of life
And of my new life in your company
For my parents, brother and sisters
For the gift of persons who have brought me
To the service of the Father
For them who have helped me grow
To see the beauty and meaning of my life
Lived in faith, hope and love.



I will remember your wondrous deeds
Upon my rising
And through the night watches
I will meditate on you.
That you’re my help, my constant friend
Who never fails to understand my weaknesses
Who brings comfort, peace, joy and love.

O my Jesus be the companion of life
And my partner, forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embraced as One

When in a long lock down,  what is - becomes the  pattern  of a normal living. The space of time is long and open yet at the end of the day ...