01 September 2009

WHERE ARE YOU GOD?

POEMS ARE SONGS OF THE HEART AND SOUL

Some people say you’re in the mountains

One would insist you’re in the flowing waters

Still others say you’re in the birds and in the animals.

Where can I find you, Lord?


If I look up to the skies, you’re there

If I mingle with people, you’re in the midst of them

In my silence I’d find that you’re speaking to me.


Lord God, how great you are

In revealing yourself in the silence of my prayers

In the silence that sometimes causes

A thousand noise in my soul

For I can hear you speaking to me

I can see you a good and loving Father

And I discover my littleness.


How great you are, O Lord

Saints can only perform bilocation

through your own power

But you can make yourself present everywhere....

in the noisy streets of the city

in the busy marketplaces and disco houses

in the roaring of the seai

in the rushing of water

in the laughter and cries of babes

in the pains of infirmed

in the intricacies of life

in the misfortunes and trials of life

in the person of beggars needing our help

in the many faces of innocent people

victims of war, injustices and persecutions.


Where else will I seek for you my God?

You seemed to be too far and yet so near

I seemed not too be close to you, but I carry you

for you’re in my heart

It seemed I could not touch you

but you’re in my hands.


Lord my God in the richness of your love.

You made me rich and fruitful

For I carry you in my heart.


You’re in me a great treasure

The treasure hidden in myself

A richness that can’t contain in oneself

in its fruitfulness – overflows and bears much fruit

For one is capable of giving and sharing

Contented with the abundance that comes from Jesus only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embraced as One

When in a long lock down,  what is - becomes the  pattern  of a normal living. The space of time is long and open yet at the end of the day ...