17 January 2011

TO BE STRANGER, A REFLECTION


To be a person living outside of my homeland
is an experience of living my faith
more deeply and alive.

These days I had my happy encounter
the overseas Filipino workers in Panama
now increase in 4 years.

The loneliness of living in a foreign land
coupled with difficulties to communicate
and send money to feed people back home.

These are the situations OFWs live with
now I understand all the more
OFWS  I meet in other parts of the world.

Theirs is a history of heroism
for their families to be able to survive
and back here are different tales to hear about.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Embraced as One

When in a long lock down,  what is - becomes the  pattern  of a normal living. The space of time is long and open yet at the end of the day ...