21 July 2010

Psalm 42:2

 

As the deer longs for streams of water
so my soul longs for you, my God.

The prayer vigil at one of the church
brought in me a lasting impression
God´s faithful believers in that quaint barrio
brought in me a nostalgic feeling,
a ecstatic acknowledgment.

We, God´s people long for water
living water that satiates our thirst
the only source is God 
and this is what unites us - faith.

We move mountains---- fears, hurts
mistrust, violence, uncertainties
once it is levelled off
peace flows into my/our being.

Never seen a church full 
for a prayer vigil 
children and adults
including the woman-president
was a scene to behold.

People came to pray
to instill love for the children
healing for the victim
and forgiveness in the society.

We were led to pray and sing
by lay people  
this community in prayer
mirrored in my heart
the filipino people I hold closely.

How it came, how it happened
my faith was moved
like the deer longing for water
I reached for my God 
who is reachable and trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embraced as One

When in a long lock down,  what is - becomes the  pattern  of a normal living. The space of time is long and open yet at the end of the day ...